What’s in the Area
As a reflection of your priorities and desires, the neighbourhood you live in has an influence on your lifestyle. Oakville and the Bronte Village offer an abundance of activities and attractions for you to explore.
- Bronte Village: A lakeside community that provides the best of an urban center and a small town feel. The Bronte Village offers unique shops, a beautiful pier, picturesque lighthouse, a popular boardwalk, and lakeside park complete with a picnic area and children’s play area. Take your time exploring the historic and newly developed areas of the community, you’re guaranteed to find a few new favourite places.
- Bronte Harbour Marina: As a full service marina the Bronte Harbour Marina provides a safe and secure boat yard and fuel dock. It is a place to enjoy the beautiful boats nestled by the docks. Whether you have a boat resting at the marina or are a nearby resident, enjoy the social atmosphere and great food at the Compass Restaurant and lakeside patio. For more information, visit the Bronte Harbour Marina located at 2340 Ontario Street, Oakville.
- Bronte Harbour Yacht Club: The Bronte Harbour Yacht Club (BHYC) strives to provide an active social atmosphere at the club house along with promoting the sport and love of boating. Their programs and events include racing, cruising, sailing, and pleasure boating. Located at 2514 Lakeshore Rd. W, Oakville, the BHYC is a staple of the community.
- Glendella House: A reminder of Bronte’s past, the Glendella House is a historic landmark located on Ontario Street and overlooks the harbour. Once the Ned Thompson Hotel, Glendella House is reminiscent of a time when the harbour was the focal point of activity in the Bronte Village.
- Bronte Heritage Park: The Bronte Heritage Park lines the Bronte harbour. It provides an abundance of green space and pathways lined with coniferous and deciduous trees. The landscaped and open green space adds to the serenity of being by the water. The perfect place for an evening stroll or early morning jog.
- Bronte Fisherman’s Wharf: Located at the Bronte Harbour, you will find a pier perfect for fishing. The gentle flow of The Fisherman’s Wharf attracts fishermen, young and old, on warm summer days. Whether you catch something or not, the moments of serenity are a welcomed break.
- Christmas in Bronte Village: The annual tree lighting celebration is a sure crowd pleaser. Enjoy the live music courtesy of the Oakville School of Music, traditional carol singing, and dancing with Santa. An evening of entertainment and great memories for the whole family.
- Oakville’s Canada Day: Celebrate the country’s birthday with activities for children and the vendor village shopping experience. Join in with the festivities at the Bronte Harbour and end the night with a spectacular show of fireworks over Lake Ontario.
- Autumn Fest: Take to the streets for a day of Autumn-inspired fun! Enjoy great food, entertainment, and activities that highlight the season and the local businesses.